Pardon My French: Unleash Your Inner Gaul [NulledPremium]
- Category Other
- Type E-Books
- Language English
- Total size 1.4 MB
- Uploaded By SunRiseZone
- Downloads 289
- Last checked 5 months ago
- Date uploaded 5 months ago
- Seeders 14
- Leechers 2
Infohash : 3D9D757519F1C3AFC2888C36BA498D565A6E0A7D
For More Ebooks Visit NulledPremium >>> NulledPremium.com
File Size: 1.42 MB
Print Length: 256 pages
Publisher: Penguin (2 Aug. 2007)
Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
The French you learned in school won’t get you far! Pardon My French is an entertaining and useful guide to the words and phrases every Francophile, traveler, student, and word maven should know, with fascinating lore and tidbits that make sense of the Gallic mind-set.
Englishman Charles Timoney was thrown into French life headfirst twenty-five years ago when he and his wife moved to native France. He had studied French in school, but his memory of vocabulary lists and verb-conjugation drills proved no match for day-to-day living and communicating with French coworkers.
As he blundered towards fluency, he collected the idioms and phrases that no one ever taught him in a classroom and that wonderfully (sometimes wickedly) epitomized l’esprit francais. Pardon My French includes insider’s language tips for dining, shopping, understanding French slang, and more.
• Faire un canard, which literally means “to do a duck,”but also refers to dunking sugar lumps in coffee and is the preferred way to get a kick of sugar caffeine in France.
• Tablette de chocolat, which literally means “chocolate bar,” but is also the term for a finely muscled male stomach in France. Since the English equivalent is a “six pack,” it’s a splendid example of how differently we see things!
Packed throughout with whimsical cartoons and trivia (including the words to “La Marseillaise”), Pardon My French is a marvelous armchair trip abroad.
“Coming to France? Forget the rest, read the best. This book will save you from being the butt of the Frenchman’s humour.” – French News
“A Francophile’s humorous guide to the French language. A kind of Eats, Shoots and Leaves meets A Year in the Merde.” – Bookseller
“The hilarious survival guide to French: from ordering a steak without getting sneered at to how exactly to say oh la la this is not just the most entertaining, but also the most useful book on France and the French you’ll ever read.”
Files:[NulledPremium.com] Pardon My French Unleash Your Inner Gaul
- NulledPremium.com.url (0.2 KB)
- Pardon My French_ Unleash Your - Charles Timoney.epub (1.4 MB) Websites you may like
- 1. (FreeTutorials.Us) Download Udemy Paid Courses For Free.url (0.3 KB)
- 2. (FreeCoursesOnline.Me) Download Udacity, Masterclass, Lynda, PHLearn, Pluralsight Free.url (0.3 KB)
- 3. (NulledPremium.com) Download Cracked Website Themes, Plugins, Scripts And Stock Images.url (0.2 KB)
- 4. (FTUApps.com) Download Cracked Developers Applications For Free.url (0.2 KB)
- 5. (Discuss.FTUForum.com) FTU Discussion Forum.url (0.3 KB)
- How you can help Team-FTU.txt (0.2 KB)